Bulky Waste & Recycling
NEWMOA presented on Bulky Waste Reuse & Recycling Strategies at the following events:
NEWMOA prepared a series of guides to help local government officials in rural communities to better understand the options available for reusing and recycling furniture, mattresses, carpet, and large rigid plastic items, and to develop strategies for managing these wastes and diverting them from landfill disposal.
Partner Location Handouts
NEWMOA developed handouts customized for its partner locations for residents that include local options for reuse, recycling, and disposal of bulky items.
- Franklin County Solid Waste Management District, Massachusetts
- Worcester County / Central MA Communities, Massachusetts
- Central Vermont Solid Waste Management District, Vermont
- Northeast Kingdom Waste Management District, Vermont
Writable Handout Templates
Finally, NEWMOA created two writable template versions of the handouts so that additional communities could customize their own information based on their needs. Note: You will need Adobe Reader Version 8 or newer to edit these forms. Be sure to save the form on your computer as a PDF before editing the document.
- Template 1 Recycling – For use in communities where there are local recycling opportunities
- Template 2 Disposal – For use in communities encouraging proper disposal as the best option
This material is based upon work supported by the Utilities Programs, United States Department of Agriculture. Any opinions, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are solely the responsibility of the authors and do not necessarily represent the view of the Utilities Program. The views expressed on this webpage do not necessarily reflect those of NEWMOA, USDA, the Project Partners, or the NEWMOA member-states.
NEWMOA is an equal opportunity employer and provider.