- This event has passed.
PFAS Draft Model Legislation Overview
May 10 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
On May 10th, 2023 NEWMOA hosted a webinar to provide an overview of the Draft Model Legislation that NEWMOA and a group of state officials from the northeast has worked together to develop.
The goals of this draft Model Legislation are to:
- Reduce/eliminate the use of PFAS in consumer products to the extent feasible.
- Identify and implement source reduction programs.
- Ensure that the substitutes for PFAS in products are safer and that there are no regrettable substitutes.
- Coordinate product disclosure, labeling, bans, phase-outs, source reduction, and end-of-life collection on a multi-state basis.
- Help consumers identify products containing PFAS and learn how to properly handle them.
- Provide regulated entities with regulatory certainty.