- This event has passed.
Fate of Non-organic Packaging Materials from De-packaging Operations – How Much is Recycled & Into What?
November 8, 2021 @ 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
De-packaging is growing as a way of making the significant amount of waste from unused packaged food available for anaerobic digestion and composting. During the webinar, attendees heard from operators of de-packaging facilities. The webinar covered:
- How do de-packaging operations work?
- What are the non-organic materials generated by de-packagers?
- What happens to the non-organic materials – what and how much is recycled and how much ends up as waste?
- The impact of de-packaging on organic material and the potential for transfer of contaminants, including micro-plastics.
- Ryan Harb [PDF], Vanguard Renewables
- Rashi Akki & Dan Woodger [PDF], Ag-Grid Energy
- Eric Roy [PDF], University of Vermont