Home > Publications & Resources > Tips for Minimizing Paint Waste Consumer HandoutBack to Publications & Resources
Tips for Minimizing Paint Waste Consumer Handout
The Consumer Handout targets consumers, painting contractors, and other users of paint, and covers:
- Tips for Minimizing Paint Waste
- What To Do With Leftover Latex Paint – NEWMOA partnered with five rural communities to create local versions of this handout, and three possible template versions for other communities to use.
- Template 1 Disposal Only – For use where disposal and donation are the only waste paint management options for latex paint
- Template 2 Recycling – For use in states with Product Stewardship programs for paint recycling
- Template 3 Paint Exchange & Disposal – For use in communities that offer latex paint exchanges in addition to disposal and donation
Note: You will need Adobe Reader Version 8 or newer to edit these forms. Be sure to save the form on your computer as a PDF before editing the document.
To see examples of the handout, click on the documents below.
- Androscoggin County, Maine
- Eastern Rensselaer County, New York
- Erie County, New York
- Montgomery, Ostego, & Schoharie Counties, New York
- Rutland County, Vermont
Note: The first page of each of these handouts remains the same, while the second page contains customized information.