- This event has passed.
Northeast Conference on the Science of PFAS: Public Health & the Environment
April 5, 2022 @ 8:00 am - April 6, 2022 @ 6:00 pm
The Northeast Waste Management Officials’ Association (NEWMOA) partnered with the New England Interstate Water Pollution Control Commission (NEIWPCC), the Northeast States for Coordinated Air Use Management (NESCAUM), the Northeast Recycling Council (NERC), and others to organize a regional science conference on PFAS.
The goals of the conference were:
- Ensure that local, state, and federal action to address PFAS contamination is informed by the most current and reliable science
- Facilitate networking and information-sharing among key stakeholders on PFAS topics
- Identify important gaps in the science and policy to help inform future research
The Conference involved more than 500 attendees, including:
- Local, state, and federal government officials
- Academic researchers and students
- Consultants and vendors
- Companies that use, make, or sell products that contain PFAS
- Non-governmental and environmental organizations