- This event has passed.
Northeast Commercial Paper Stakeholders’ Summit
July 15, 2010 @ 8:30 am - 4:00 pm
8:30 Registration and Continental Breakfast
9:30 Welcome, Introductions and Opening Remarks: “Why this Issue and Why Now”? – Sarah Weinstein, Mass. Department of Environmental Protection, Northeast Waste Management Officials’ Association, Solid Waste Program Chair
9:50 Setting the Stage: Obstacles and Opportunities – Facilitator: Doug Thompson, Senior Associate, Keystone, Boston, MA
- Panelists: Michael Buono, Director of Program Development, Environmental Service Management Group, Inc. Northeast Region, Wall, NJ
- Scott Reed, Fiber Procurement Northeast Region, RockTenn, Solvay Mill, Syracuse, NY
- David Stukus, President, Turner Waste and Salvage, Coventry, RI
Sean Duffy, President, FCR, A Division of Casella Waste Systems, Charlotte, NC
A Panel discussion about making commercial paper recycling work for the generator, hauler, processor, and paper user.
11:00 Essential Ingredients for Commercial Paper Recycling – All Participants
- Identification of key issues, obstacles, opportunities, ideas and priorities for significantly increasing commercial paper recycling in the Northeast.
1:00 Summary of Morning – Doug Thompson, Facilitator
1:10 Elements of Coordinated Strategy – Small Groups
- Small group discussions about what regional strategies would be successful, and how they might work.
3:00 Report Out: Interactive briefing on group discussion – Facilitators
3:30 Reactions – All Participants
- Discussion of recommendations from the small groups, identifying areas of agreement and disagreement.
3:50 Next Steps – Sarah Weinstein