- This event has passed.
Improving Safety at Transfer Stations in Rural Communities
September 19, 2017 @ 1:30 pm - 3:00 pm
In many rural areas in the Northeast, towns operate transfer stations to provide waste management and recycling services to their residents. NEWMOA partnered with waste management authorities and transfer stations in rural areas of New Hampshire and Vermont to improve worker safety and promote waste reduction.
This webinar was intended to raise awareness of common issues found at small transfer stations to help improve safety for both transfer station workers and residents. Topics included:
- Equipment safety (compactors)
- Personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Weather & extreme temperatures
- Traffic safety
- Slip/Trip/Fall hazards – with a focus on the metal & bulky/C&D waste collection areas
- Hazardous & Universal Waste
- And several other topics