- This event has passed.
Construction & Demolition Debris Management in the Northeast
May 13, 2008 @ 9:30 am - 3:30 pm
The goal of this meeting was to determine two to four items for further work together as a group of states to promote markets for C&D waste materials. The meeting will be facilitated by Sarah Weinstein, NEWMOA Solid Waste Program Chair and Board Liaison.
9:45 Welcome and introductions – Sarah Weinstein
- NH DES Commissioner’s September 2007 letter to states – Mike Wimsatt, NH DES
10:00 Setting the Stage – Understanding the Current Situation – Findings of the Current NEWMOA Interstate Flow Study and the Review of Regulatory Structures – Jennifer Griffith, NEWMOA
- Data, market opportunities, feedback from processors and other stakeholders – state feedback and Q&A
11:00 Market Development – Discussion
- How have the C&D processors who are in business today developed?
- How has government assisted or been a barrier?
- What C&D materials do they take and what markets do they supply?
- What further opportunities exist?
12:00 Lunch (provided)
1:00 Discussion of Areas to Work on Together
- Open discussion, but organized by specific waste type including wood, ABC, gypsum, asphalt shingles, architectural components, etc.; – also a discussion of how LEED standards and their growing popularity might be leveraged – concluding with agreement on two to four materials and/or policy options to work on together
2:30 Determination of Further Action Steps
- This may include individual assignments for participants to pursue ideas identified in Session 3 with private sector contacts
3:15 Wrap-up and Make Plans for a Second Meeting (which may or may not include private sector participants)