Meeting of Assistance & Pollution Prevention Program Staff in EPA Region 2 (including EPA Region 2, States, Local, Tribal, & University Programs)
Tuesday, May 19, 2009
U.S. EPA Region 2 Offices
27th Floor, Conference Room A
New York, NY
The purpose of this meeting was to facilitate improved coordination and communications among the environmental assistance and pollution prevention programs in EPA Region 2. The participants included: EPA Region 2 management and staff; state, local, and tribal government officials; university researchers; and representatives of non-governmental organizations that have been involved with environmental assistance and pollution prevention in EPA Region 2.
||Arrival & Refreshments
||Introductions & Review of Agenda
||Roundtable on State, Local, & Other Programs Updates/Priorities (5 minutes for each program)
||EPA Region 2 Priorities, Activities, & Grants
||Questions & Discussion
||NEWMOA Update: Plans for Web Conferences, Climate-Waste Action Plan, EMFACT, P2 Results Data System, P2Rx, & Interstate Chemicals Clearinghouse
||P2 Challenges & Opportunities for Coordination of Programs in EPA Region 2 ? Brainstorming Discussion
||Formulating Strategies for Future Partnerships & Networking
Quick Brainstorming on Emerging Issues:
- How Do P2 & Assistance Programs Reach Out to Non-Traditional Audiences: General Public, K-12 School Children, Others?
- How Can P2 & Assistance Programs Better Target and Assess Problems? What are Programs Doing to Identify & Evaluate Problems & Issues?
- Nanotechnology ? Who is Working on This? What is Going on?
- Are P2 & Assistance Programs Focusing on Climate Change Action? If so, What Aspects?
- What Involvement are P2 & Assistance Programs Having in State Chemical Policy Initiatives, Including Green Chemistry & Safer Alternatives Assessment?